Sunday, July 10, 2011

This card is DinoMite!

I have to admit when I think of purple dinosaurs, I think of Barney.  So, I wanted to be really careful with how I designed this loveable dinosaur.  Living in Colorado, everyone knows another purple dinosaur...Digger! In case you don't know, Digger is the mascot for the Colorado Rockies.  Slightly more masculine than Barney, I decided I could get away with a big purple dinosaur. 


Trying to use up some scrap paper, I chose a purple gingham print for the background. I used foam tape to layer my dinosaur that I cut out from Create a Critter on my Cricut cartridge. I ran one of the layers of the dinosaur through my Big Shot and a Cuddle Bug folder. I like that it gave the skin a little texture! I went around the edges with some ink to distress and added purple stickles to dress up the card.  I also used a light green cardstock to mount the dinosaur on, so he didn't just blend in to all the purple paper.  On the light green paper, I ran it through the Big Shot with a nesting set I had.  That created a natural frame.  I think the card turned out really well.  I gave it away for Father's Day and wrote, "I hope you have a dino-mite father's day!"  Lots of fun and it brought a big smile to the face of a special dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment