Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Okay, so it's actually not raining out! We did have rain this week, but a couple different things prompted me to play with a new stamp set.  One of those things was the CAS-ual Fridays challenge that requested a person use a die cut or punch.  The second was that I have a brand new stamp set that has a learning curve to it.  I have the Just Rite stamp system.  When I bought it at the store, I was told you could use some Nesties to cut an oval, then stamp right in your oval.  Well, that is a tight fit! So, it takes some practice.  I bought the My Rainbow Set because it makes me think of my mom. She likes rainbows so much, that the colors of the rainbow were her wedding colors back in the 70's.  I have attempted to use this set once before, but the finished product wasn't pretty, so set it aside. Today, I cut out 12 ovals and have two beautiful stamped ovals to show you! Next time, I may cut my ovals just a tad larger so I have more grace room.  Once I got the stamped images cut, I was able to back them up with more ovals and sticky foam, some ribbon, and a bigger die.  I ran the bigger die through my Big Shot to emboss it.  On the dance in the rain one I used glossy accents to make my rain drops look wet. This all turned out so nice, I can't wait to show my mom!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping! Have fun using your Just Rite stamps! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment is wonderful. I'm sure you're friend will adore your gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete