Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New papers and a "Buggy" Challenge

It's been almost a year since I last competed in a challenge.  I was super excited when I got online and checked out the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to find a challenge I was definitely up for!  The challenge was to use my Cricut and "get buggy"! Of course when someone tells me to get "buggy" I have to use butterflies!  I pitter pattered up stairs to my craft room to look through my heart cartridges.  I found some beautiful butterflies on a cartridge I have never used before! The Cricut Solutions Serenade cartridge contains birdhouse, butterflies, and lots of fun.  I had also been itching to use some new papers I bought at Artsy!  While there I also purchased some gears and sprockets that I believe are from Tim Holtz.  Oh, and I found adorable little tickets with words.
Anyway, with the challenge and my new purchases in mind, I came up with these three cards:



The paper I got at Artsy is by Crate and so is the border I used. My blue cardstock and light blue accent paper are from DCWV paper stacks that I had purchased almost two years ago.  I used a big gem from Jolee's on each butterfly to add a little sparkle.  I stapled my words on to add just a little finishing touch.  I think these turned out pretty well and I'm so happy to be blogging cards again!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card and Butterfly! Thanks for creating this week at FCCB! :)Amy A
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty cards,love the colours.
    Jayne
    jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I really like this! Thanks for sharing. CallyAnn'
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. Love all the cuts and pretty paper. Thanks for crafting with us today at FCCB. We hope to see a lot more of you.

    Carissa
    www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great set of cards. very pretty. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete